IBHE Web Accessibility Collaboration Group Documentation
IBHE New Reporting Resources
CommonLook Trial License Program
Who Can Participate
Any public university or community college in Illinois can participate in the CommonLook program, but there are a limited number of seats and institutions need to agree to actively use the tool and report on its effectiveness in creating accessible PDF documents. The trial license is a 25 seat license (i.e. total installations of the software), in which 5 users can use the software at the same time through a license server. The trial license will only be available for 1 year and after that time institutions will need to purchase their own licenses.
How Much Does it Cost (FREE)
- There is no cost for a seat in the site license for the CommonLook tool if you are a state higher educational institution in Illinois.
Requirements for Participation
- First priority for CommonLook seats will be given to institutions who commit to participate in the MSF&W training.
- Identification of the individual(s) who will actually be using the software to make PDF documents more accessible.
- Statement of the initial estimated number of Adobe PDF files you will be using CommonLook to test.
- Agree to use the software in a cooperative manner, so all participants in the trial group can have equivalent access to the concurrent licenses (Total of 25 users, only 5 can use it at the same time).
- Agree to join a discussion list e-mail list to ask questions and share your experiences using CommonLook.
- Agree to participate in a monthly teleconference to share experiences of using CommonLook.
- If at anytime you stop using the CommonLook, we ask you to remove the software so the seat can be made available to other people/institutions interested in trying CommonLook.
System Requirements for CommonLook
- Windows Vista or XP and Adobe® Acrobat® Standard or Professional 6.0 or later. Windows Internet Explorer 6.0 or later is required.
- Network access to the license server
- Request Common Look Software